Friday, July 1, 2011

Learning new lessons

We have some good news to report from here - Jared has 2 job interviews in the next couple of days. They seem promising, and Jared could have a job in the near future! I am very excited for him and pray that we have discernment about what to do if one or both places offer him a job. But along with my support and excitement for Jared, I have also felt a twinge of jealousy creep in. One of the reasons it is has been a bit of a challenge to be 100%  full of joy is because these are interviews for jobs I also applied for. The lies have quickly entered my thoughts - I'm not good enough, no one wants to hire me, I'm better off just staying at home and taking care of "wifely" things. Fortunately, I have been able to recognize these thoughts as lies. I refuse to let Jared's good news to become all about me. It may take some prayer and attitude adjustment, but no one is going to stop me from supporting my husband or trusting that God is taking care of both of us! I firmly believe that I am a capable, gifted, and beautiful creation. God has a purpose for my life, and I rest on that promise.

1 comment: